Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Abstract Expressionism and the New American Sculpture


So this is Landscape by the late great Hans Hofmann painted in 1941. Hans was a German-born American who immigrated to New York in 1936. I like this piece cause it looks like salad.


 Kind of the same thing right? I mean just look at it.


This bad boy was done by Franz Kline in 1950. Its called Chief.  Its an American painting and actually has nothing to do with indians. Chief is the name of a locomotive that Kline was familiar with when he was a child. I guess I can see that. I just really picked it cause it looked like a robot to me. 


So Jackson Pollock No. 5, 1948. American. Does it really matter what Jackson Pollock I put on here? Lets be honest they all look the same to me. I like this one though. It would make for a nice background for another painting. I like the randomness of Jackson Pollock's work and that each piece however planned he may claim it to be really comes out the way the paint falls. Everything is unique and can not be duplicated. Big ups to my man Pollock.


My boy Jackson doing it big.



so much swag.
Enjoi.

1 comment: