Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cubism, Futurism, Stuff like that.


Yes I do like Picasso. I like this Picasso called Guernica painted in 1937 in Spain in response to the bombing of Guernica by German and Italian forces. Guernica shows the suffering of war and the pain it inflicts on civilians. You can really see that in the faces of the figures.


Francis Picabia Mi painted in 1929. Francis Picabia was one of the artists that influenced the dada movement. I like this piece because it looks so much more like what I am more interested in today. I really like how he used simple art materials to create this piece. Oil and crayon on wood. I love painting on wood.


Futurism is totally different from what I would see as the future. Here is a piece by Kasimir Malevich The Knife Grinder painted in1912-1913 in ukraine the piece now hangs in the Yale University Art Gallery. Whats different about this piece is that every element in the painting is represented by purely geometric tubular or angular shapes. Main characteristics of cubism. I started looking up stuff that I would think is futurism by todays standars. 
Mars-1 everybody.




Mars-1 makes me want to gaze further into the future.


(GAZE)


Google can take you anywhere in the future. Doc Brown you chump.


Thought these retro sketches of the future were pretty sick.



Apparently men wear neon yellow in the future.


Kindle?





The future of Japanese education.
Enjoi.


No comments:

Post a Comment