Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Postwar European School: L’Art Informel, Expressionist Figuration, Welded Sculpture


Barbara Hepworth Pendour 1947-1948. England. I like this piece because of the smooth wood finish and the contrasting white interior and her use of space with the holes. Its balanced and relaxing.


Barbara Hepworth Dyad 1949. England. I like this work because it is two figures embracing. It can be seen from either side and it appears the same. Her use of the spaces in the holes actually ties the figures together.



Henry Moore Nuclear Energy 1967 University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois. I like the smooth top and the rough bottom pillars. I like the shape that it takes, almost like a mushroom cloud or a skull. I like the use of empty space used in the sculpture to give it balance.
enjoi

No comments:

Post a Comment