Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Favorite Artist {s}

I figured I would throw this in because it was a class day, but we never had an assigned reading for this day so I didn't really know what to do. Either way here it is. My art influences are more of a combination of modern street art coming out and classical masters that I have come to appreciate and admire. First and foremost my favorite classical artist would have to be 
Michelangelo.


His piece here David is amazing. I admire him for his ability to not only sculpt like a master, but to paint as a master too. A beast of a man.

moving more into what we have studied this semester, I feel that Frank Stella is one of my top artists. I love this guy.

 

Drawing from my early influences, one of my first art idols was Blaine Fontana. He inspired me to get into mixed media and experimentation in art. For sure I owe much of my own style development to this guy.


Jason Sho Green inspired me with his simple sketches and commentary in those sketches. I feel that he has influenced my work the most out of any other artist.


Jeremy Fish has also inspired me to sketch the way I do and illustrate emphasizing a lot on the graphic side. 


Ferris Plock is a guy that I have recently been following. I really admire his clean lines and fine detail. I also love his ideas on subject matter and character development. 




Shepard Fairey has influenced my graphic art more than anything. I love symmetrical designs and strong lines combined with delicate patterns and details with minimal colors to create that propaganda type of feel. I feel that graphic design needs to be strong with heavy emphasis on the message it is trying to communicate. I like that his art does this.




Finally RETNAxEL MAC. These guys are just pure inspiration to me. I love how they combine the realistic human figures with the strong graphics to tie together a piece. I was really into graffiti in high school, but I didn't always like the typical tagging type of art, I enjoyed the words being mixed with a picture more. I love the language RETNA has created.





Doing it big boys.
Enjoi

No comments:

Post a Comment