Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fauvism




Fauvism everyone. Not really my favorite, but I guess we just gotta look at it right?


Henri Mattise The Dessert Harmony in Red 1908 Hermitage Museum, Saint Petersburg. Fauvism was all about expressing feelings by using bold wild colors. The works had flat shapes and often unnatural colors.


Henri Matisse The Green Line or Stripe 1905 it hangs in Copenhagen Denmark. This is a painting of his wife, Amélie Noellie Matisse-Parayre. I picked it cause I thought she looked like a samurai. 


Henri Matisse Self Portrait in a Striped T-Shirt 1906. Copenhagen, Denmark. He used the greens on his face to compliment the reds on his shirt. Really I didn't care much for this type of art, but it sure paved the way for some of the more radical color we see in modern art. I like to tie what I see from the masters into the modern art I see being made today. Richard Coleman anyone?


YES PLEASE!



Color Overload!
Fauvism means wild beast
Tigers are wild beasts



Love the beard and no eyes. wild beast for sure.


More wild beasts.


Kill Pixie


Matisse would have been tripping out!




Enjoi.

No comments:

Post a Comment